Areas of Practice
Limb Loss & Amputations
We have extensive experience litigating cases for
accidentally lost limbs & amputations.
- Types of Limb Loss & Amputations
- Resources & Information for Amputees
- Lipcon's Experience Helping Victims of Catastrophic Amputations
- News Stories about Accidental Limb Loss
Heather Mills is well-known because she's the ex-wife of former Beatle Paul McCartney. But she's also recognized as a prior contestant on ABC-TV's Dancing with the Stars, where her appearances drew a lot of attention as the first amputee to participate in that competition. Ms. Mills' catastrophic personal injury occurred in 1993 when she was crossing a road and was hit by a motorcycle. That accident led to the later amputation of her left leg below the knee.
Like Heather Mills' experience, accidental loss of limbs and amputations can happen as a result of any accident. Common occurrences include:
- Car, truck, bike or motorcycle accidents
- Severe damage from sharp blades/motors
- Workplace and construction site mishaps
- Boating collisions
- Accidents aboard a cruise ship
Partial or total limb loss can also result from less ordinary events, such as:
- Serious industrial accidents
- Injuries due to product defects
- Exploding grenades or IEDs in military conflicts
- Public transportation catastrophes on trains, planes, ferries
Connecting your accident (or your child's) to the party at fault is integral to your catastrophic injury case. By identifying and working with subject-matter experts—including doctors who specialize in orthopedic surgery and prosthetics—Lipcon's personal injury attorneys have developed highly effective methods for representing victims of catastrophic limb loss.
Take advantage of our expertise in this area of the law, whether the incident happened on land or at sea. Give us a call at 877-233-1238 to schedule your free legal consultation.