Areas of Practice
Cruise Ship Sexual Assault & Rape
- The Law
- The Real World
- What To Do If You Are A Victim
- Actual Cases Handled By This Firm
- Sample Court Exhibits
- The Facts
- In The News
- On National Television
- Cruise Rape Victims / TV Interviews
- Letters from Lawmakers on Cruise Crime
- Kimberly Dean Edwards
- Royal Caribbean sexual assault statistics
We have extensive experience in litigating sexual assault and rape cases in the cruise line context. We have handled and are currently handling many sexual assault and rape cases against most of the major cruise lines.
Our experience is applicable to: Canaveral, Carnival, Celebrity, Commodore, Costa, Cunard, Disney, Norwegian, Princess, Radisson, Renaissance, Royal Caribbean, Seaborne, SilverSea Cruise Lines and others. These cases involve attacks by both passengers and crewmembers on other passengers and crewmembers.
As a result of the cases we have handled, we have information regarding prior complaints of sexual assaults on cruise lines which, in many instances, assists our representation of new clients because it may support a pattern of disregard by the cruise line of prior complaints and existing dangerous situations.
We also have experience in identifying and working with knowledgeable experts in rape and sexual assault trauma, forensics, and security. Our vast experience in this complicated and sensitive area of the law assists us in most effectively assisting our clients who have found themselves in this situation.
Some of the current law that we have argued in various cases includes:
- Under the current law utilized by the Florida and Federal Courts in Florida, cruise lines are, in many instances, vicariously liable for the intentional wrongful acts of its crew members, whether or not they were done within the scope of their employment; and
- Sexual acts with a minor under the age of 16 are considered sexual assault or rape, even if done with the "consent" of the victim.
Some of the information that we have obtained and presented in our cases includes:
- Lists of prior complaints of sexual assaults and rapes on major cruise lines; and
- Written statements of a well-known major cruise line president regarding the benefits the cruise line derives from the sexual prowess of its ships' captains.