Areas of Practice
Cruise Ship Sexual Assault & Rape
- The Law
- The Real World
- What To Do If You Are A Victim
- Actual Cases Handled By This Firm
- Sample Court Exhibits
- The Facts
- In The News
- On National Television
- Cruise Rape Victims / TV Interviews
- Letters from Lawmakers on Cruise Crime
- Kimberly Dean Edwards
- Royal Caribbean sexual assault statistics
- Discrepancy in Cruise Ship Crime Reporting
Cruise Ship Sexual Assault Attorney Tells The Facts
While our cruise ship sexual assault attorney handled the above cases, some patterns and facts admitted to by the shipping companies have emerged.
- A major cruise lines combined fleet has approximately 2 reports of sexual assaults or rapes per hundred thousand passengers. Statistically it should be kept in mind that these passengers are not on the vessel but for a short period of time, which makes comparison of these statistics to shore side sexual assaults and rapes difficult.
- A major cruise lines had reports of 99 sexual assaults or rapes in a five year period.
- Another major cruise line had reports of sexual assaults or rapes in the amount of 173 in a five year period. None of the 173 sexual assault or rape reports resulted in a single prosecution