- Our Firm
- Courts Admitted
- Fees & Costs
- Choosing the Right Attorney
- Court Exhibits
- Attorney Referral Network
- International Clientele
- Areas of Practice
- Work in Progress
- Success Stories
- In the News
- Captain to blame
- Carnival Cruise employee arrested on sex charge
- Charles Lipcon interviewed on Sky Radio for American Airlines
- Costa Concordia Disaster Brings Hard Look at Cruise Ship Safety
- Cruise ship victims can’t use U.S. courts
- Hope’s Story | A Current Affair
- Jamie’s Story: A Cruise Rape Victim speaks out
- Lipcon Distinguished with 25th Consecutive AV Pre-Eminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Local lawyer at forefront of Italian shipwreck case
- Maritime Lawyer Charles R. Lipcon Named World’s Best Prosecutor of Cruise Lines
- Missing woman’s husband finds hope in lawsuit
- Named Top Law Firm Protecting Seafarer’s Rights In The United States
- Our Firm in the News
- Our Maritime Lawyers Jason R. Margulies and Michael A. Winkleman Secure Top Admiralty and Maritime Verdict in 2012
- TV Appearances
- Cruise Ship Lawyer App – free!
- Unsafe on the High Seas – 99c eBook
- Admiralty Law Articles
- Who is a Seaman?
- A Seaman May Not Be Held Contributorily Negligent For Carrying Out Orders That Result In Injury, Even If The Seaman Recognizes Possible Danger And Does Not Delay to Consider Safer Alternative
- Burden Of Proof On Shipowner To Prove Unequivocally That Seaman Did Not Need Surgery Where Two Doctors Had A Difference Of Opinion On The Need For Surgery.
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Boldly Goes Where No Court Has Gone Before on the Issue of a Seaman’s Maintenance Rate Including Seaman’s Full Mortgage Expense
- Where Cruise Line Passenger is Mentally Incompetent the One-Year Ticket Limitation to Bring Suit Does Not Apply in Place of the Standard Admiralty Three-Year Statute of Limitations
- Help for the Auto Accident Victim
- Seaman’s Rights in the US
- Contact Us
- Legal Disclaimer
Areas of Practice
Representing Injured Passengers, Crew & Offshore Workers
Since 1971, Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. has represented clients around the world in admiralty, maritime and personal injury cases. With nearly 100 years of combined experience, we have litigated over one hundred trials and recovered millions on behalf of injured passengers and crew.
Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A., represents plaintiffs in cases beyond the scope of a typical law firm. While we are recognized and respected for our work in admiralty, maritime, and cruise line cases, we also handle matters involving personal injury, wrongful death, airplane accidents, automobile accidents, unsafe product litigation, commercial torts and civil class action lawsuits. Our personal injury practice includes catastrophic injuries, traumatic brain injuries, impaired vision and blindness, paralysis and spinal cord injuries.
Our maritime lawyers are experienced in dealing with seamen’s rights, maintenance and cure cases (like worker’s compensation), Jones Act, Longshoreman’s Act, and other legal areas encompassed by the laws of the sea.
Our law firm focuses on serious accidents, injuries and sexual assault cases along the Gulf Coast and throughout the world. Among other matters, our firm handles:
- Cruise ship accidents and claims – Any injury or accident arising on a cruise ship or relating to cruise ship travel.
- Cruise ship sexual assault cases – Sexual assault and rape cases occurring on a cruise ship.
- Jones Act claims – As well as third-party personal injury litigation, for maritime workers injured working on U.S. waterways or docks
Areas of Representation
Our primary areas of representation are listed below. If you don’t see an area that applies to your case, contact us today to see what we can do to assist you. We have handled hundreds of cases in court and on appeal since 1971, and our cruise lawyers likely have experience dealing with the area where you need representation.
Learn about our Free Cruise Ship Injury App
Our team has developed a free cruise ship lawyer iPhone and Android compatible application designed to help you when you need a boating accident lawyer. It provides incident response checklists, case evaluation forms, legal related expense logs as well as information about each of our cruise lawyers.
Designed and launched exclusively by our Miami-based law firm, the Cruise Ship Lawyer app has just about every feature you need to learn about cruise ship injuries and properly document the facts of your case. Download it for free today.
Contact a Maritime Attorney Today
Contact us today for a free evaluation of your case. There is no obligation for contacting Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. and the phone call is free. Call (877) 233-1238 or complete the confidential information submission form and one of our cruise lawyers will contact you.