Steps to Take If You Are Injured
- Immediately report in writing the incident to the security department on the ship.
- Get a copy of your written report.
- Take photographs of the scene of the incident before it changes, if possible. If the scene has changed, still take photographs.
- Write down the name, address, and telephone number of each person who is a witness to the incident.
- Go to the ship's doctor to get treatment for your injury.
- If necessary, go to a shore side doctor at the next port of call.
- Contact an experienced admiralty attorney or cruise ship lawyer to discuss the incident as soon as possible.
Maritime Attorney Charles Lipcon
Featured in Good Housekeeping Magazine
The Cruise Ship Danger's No One Tells You About