Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A.: Helping You When You Need it Most
Injuries and incidents on ships, offshore oil rigs, and other vessels are handled differently than other types of legal claims. A special body of laws, conventions and treaties called maritime law establishes legal rules applicable to civil litigation and insurance claims related to ships, shipping and offshore work. When a legal question arises about the rights and responsibilities of seamen, passengers and shipowners, maritime laws will provide the answers.
Because the laws governing maritime issues are specialized, individuals and organizations affected by claims offshore and on the docks should seek assistance from a skilled maritime lawyer. Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. is a maritime firm that represents clients from Florida, throughout the United States, and worldwide.
We Have the Skills Needed to Handle Your Case
The attorneys at Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. are board certified by the Florida Bar Association in Admiralty and Maritime law. Board certification comes with strict requirements. To qualify for certification, attorneys must have years of experience and detailed knowledge within the field.
Attorneys must pass an examination and periodically renew their certification to remain board certified. When you need to ensure your lawyer knows the laws applicable to your civil case arising from offshore injuries or other maritime-related issues, looking for certification can help you find a trusted legal advocate.
Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. has also received other honors and distinctions for our work helping seamen and victims of violence or work accidents offshore. Our attorneys have been recognized as Super Lawyers, have a preeminent rating, and are members of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates forum. We have been featured on more than 50 national news programs and our attorneys are best-selling authors with publications available designed to help those who have been hurt offshore or at sea.
How LMAW Can Help You
At Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A., our experienced attorneys handle a wide variety of cases arising out of maritime and admiralty laws. Claims we can handle include:
- Jones Act Claims: Victims injured working offshore can make a Jones Act claim to recover compensation for work injuries.
- Maintenance and Cure Claims: Seamen who are recovering from workplace injuries should have medical bills paid and daily living expenses covered. These benefits are called Maintenance and Cure benefits and a lawyer can help injured seamen get them.
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act Claims: Workers who do not qualify for Jones Act claims may be entitled to compensation for on-the-job injuries under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. If your work was on the Outer Continental Shelf, the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act extends the protections of the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act to you.
- Death on the High Seas Claims: Negligence in international waters can result in death. Surviving family members and dependents may make a case under the Death on the High Seas Act.
- Piracy Claims: Piracy is still very real, and crew members and other victims of pirate attacks worldwide may be entitled to financial compensation.
These are just some of the many types of cases we handle that arise under maritime law. When you are hurt at sea, offshore, aboard a vessel, or on the docks, call Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. We can be reached at 877-233-1238 or contact us online for a free consultation.