Transocean, operator of the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig, has filed in Houston, TXfor a limitation of liability to significantly curtail its liability in this incident.
Since our firm has been involved in these types of proceedings in the past, there may be ways to avoid this limitation of liability.
Find Out if You Have a Legitimate Claim
You may have a legitimate claim — resulting from either the April 20 catastrophic explosion on the Deepwater Horizon offshore drilling platform or the subsequent oil spill in and around the Gulf of Mexico — if you…
- Were injured or lost a loved one in the oil well blowout and fire.
- Have temporarily or permanently lost income or wages from suspended business activities like:
- Commercial fishing, including wholesale and retail sales of seafood
- Tourism businesses like beachfront hotels & resorts, charter boats and sport fishing, deep-water diving, group tours & excursions, vacation rentals, and waterfront restaurants.
- Incurred significant personal or commercial property damage along the Gulf Shore as a local resident or business owner.
- Represent a local government or non-profit organization that has sustained damage to reefs, wildlife or coastal wetlands; contamination of water-related services; spill clean-up costs; and other issues affecting your constituents or members.
We recommend a free, no-obligation meeting with one of our experienced maritime attorneys as the easiest and fastest way to determine whether you can file a claim and receive compensation for your losses. To schedule your free legal consultation with one of our BP Oil Spill lawyers, call us toll-free at 877-233-1238. You can also send an email to request a no-obligation review or submit a request from this website.