- Representing Passengers and Crew Injured on Ships Worldwide Since 1971
Focusing on maritime and admiralty personal injury claims against cruise lines and other boat owners, our lawyers represent passengers and crew injured on ships worldwide. Representation may be available for passengers and crew injured in accidents, assaults, or by reason of illnesses on cruise ships, tankers, motorboats, personal water craft or many other type of vessels.
- March 27, 2015Deadly Conditions That Can Arise at Sea and How to Treat Them: Hypothermia
- March 26, 2015Deadly Conditions That Can Arise at Sea and How to Treat Them: Heat Exhaustion
- March 24, 2015Cruise Ship Mystery: Did a Missing Royal Caribbean Cruise Passenger Fall Overboard or Jump from the Liberty of the Seas Ship?
- March 23, 2015Want to Be A Safer Boater? Learn CPR and First Aid
- March 20, 2015Avoiding an Accident During Boating Season
- March 18, 2015Another Carnival Cruise Line Passenger Goes Overboard; What’s Going On?
- March 17, 2015Star Cruises Passenger Overboard Accident Highlights Cruise Industry’s Continued Failure to Install Man Overboard Detection Technology
- March 12, 2015Search Ends for 21-Year-old Virginia Tech Student Who Fell Overboard from Carnival Cruise Ship
- March 11, 2015Cruise Ship Rape Awareness for Spring Breakers: 3 Safety Tips to Reduce the Risk of Sexual Assault
Through outstanding legal work and advice, our cruise ship lawyers seek justice for accident victims with an emphasis on admiralty and maritime matters including cruise lines.
Please contact us to speak directly with a maritime attorney.
AV Rated Maritime Attorneys
Since its founding in 1971, Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A., has represented clients around the globe in admiralty, maritime and personal injury cases. With nearly a century of combined experience, our lawyers have brought over one hundred trials to verdict in state and federal court.
Our cruise ship lawyers represent passengers and crewmembers injured in accidents, assaults and illnesses on cruise ships, tankers, motor vessels, personal watercraft and other seagoing vessels. We also practice in the areas of commercial torts, product liability, medical malpractice, wrongful death, class action, aviation and motor vehicle accidents.
Although our law firm is based in Miami, we serve an international client base. We have the capability to represent clients in legal matters worldwide and can work with clients in any language.
Jones Act Representation
Our attorneys focus a majority of their practice on admiralty and maritime claims against cruise line operators and private boat owners. We have represented clients in numerous precedent-setting, high-profile maritime cases such as the Costa Concordia grounding. Our attorneys were the first to certify a class action lawsuit raised in admiralty in the United States.
Our lawyers represent a wide range of plaintiffs including seafarers’ unions, cruise line employees, passengers and seamen within the United States and around the globe. We provide legal representation with regard to legal and administrative rights, medical treatment, wages and other matters of boating accident compensation available under United States maritime law. We have represented clients against most major cruise lines, including Carnival Corporation, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Cape Canaveral Cruise Lines, Costa, Disney, Norwegian and Princess.
Cruise Ship Assault & Rape
Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A., also represents passengers and crew members who have been sexually harassed or assaulted on a cruise line. Our lawyers have litigated sexual assault and rape cases against most of the major cruise lines and represented many clients in this complex and sensitive area of law.
Award-Winning Legal Team
Our premier group of eight attorneys has received accolades and recognition from peers, clients and legal organizations. We have been recognized as Super Lawyers and named Top Law Firm Protecting Seafarer Rights. We have also been named among America’s Best Lawyers and are members of the Million Dollar Associates Forum, the Multi-Million Dollar Associates Forum and the American Association for Justice.
A number of our lawyers have been awarded a Martindale Hubbell “AV” Preeminent rating, the highest possible rating in terms of ethical standards and legal ability. This rating represents the pinnacle of legal professional excellence, as reviewed by peers in the legal community. We have also received top ratings on Avvo.com, one of the Internet’s leading attorney rating websites.
Our maritime lawyers are thought leaders and have published numerous reference and educational texts in the field, including legal guides for seamen and passengers. We instruct classes of present and future legal professionals, and are frequently invited to lecture at international conventions, law schools and other venues. Our law firm has received international radio, Internet and television coverage for its multi-million dollar judgments and high profile representations. We have been featured on national television on over 50 occasions.
Download Our Free Cruise Ship Injury App
Our legal team has developed a unique iPhone and Android-compatible application designed to help you when you need a boating accident lawyer the most. Download our exclusive application and bring it with you on your smartphone or tablet on your next cruise vacation. Our app allows you to easily store and retain everything you might need to present to a lawyer:
- Capture and record data and photos about your accident or injuries
- Input and track injury-related expenses
- Review incident response checklists to help you in a cruise accident
- Find the closest medical facility
- Place Skype calls from your device if you are injured at sea
- Submit a free case evaluation form to our team of lawyers
Designed and launched exclusively by our firm, the app offers every feature you need if you are injured on your next cruise ship excursion – even a built-in flashlight if you are caught in the dark. Download it for free today.
Contact Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A., today for a free, no-commitment consultation on your case. You can contact us by completing the submission form on our home page or by calling our toll-free number at 1-877-233-1238.