Award-Winning Cruise Ship and Maritime Lawyers
Lipcon, Margulies & Winkleman, P.A. is a preeminent maritime and admiralty law firm with an international reputation for integrity, compassion and excellence.
Our legal team has over 165 years of combined experience and has recovered more than $300 million dollars for clients who have been injured on cruise ships or on other vessels at sea*.
Founded in 1971, our team is comprised of eight full-time attorneys and a complete support staff. We are regularly featured on international and national news programs for our expertise in the area of maritime law.
Our maritime lawyers have received the highest forms of recognition in the industry, including:
- “Lawyer of the Year” ® in Admiralty & Maritime 2020 (Miami)
- “Best Law Firms” ® by US News & World Report (2016-2020)
- “Best Lawyers” ® (2016-2021)
- Super Lawyers ® (2008 – 2020)
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated (only 10% of attorneys hold this top rating)
- Top Law Firm Protecting Seafarer Rights
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Club
- Million Dollar Advocates Club
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” in the Nation
- Recognized by various prominent national publications, such as U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers
- Appeared on national television programs over 80 times – including CNN, Court TV, Nightline, 20/20, and many more
Simply put, we are a highly visible team of attorneys with a sparkling reputation as America’s leading maritime and admiralty law firm.
We have also been chosen among Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, and are among the highest rated lawyers practicing in maritime law on Avvo.com.
Serving Clients Worldwide in Matters Related to the Sea
Our attorneys focus on maritime and admiralty personal injury claims against cruise lines and other ship owners. Generally, our clients are passengers, masters or crew members from a dynamic range of commercial vessels. We also represent private party plaintiffs injured in smaller vessel incidents.has re
We represent passengers and crew injured or assaulted on supertankers, cruise ships, tugs, pilot boats, motorboats, sailboats, personal watercraft, kayaks and any other type of vessel. The scope of our representation includes people injured aboard any kind of vessel capable of navigation on the water and subject to the rules of marine navigation. While we are based in Florida, we represent passengers and crew injured on boats and vessels worldwide.
We also advise seafarers unions, cruise line employees, and seafarers in general with respect to their rights to medical treatment, employment rights and wages under maritime law. We are highly experienced in handling seamen’s rights, “maintenance and cure” issues, and cases involving the Jones Act and other legal areas encompassed by the laws of the sea.
Fees & Costs
Consultations with a maritime lawyer are free of charge. If money is collected, a contingent fee is charged on the gross recovery before the deduction of costs. No recovery means no fees or costs.
Every maritime lawyer at our firm has significant experience. We are admitted to practice in the following courts:
- Florida Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Court for Colorado
- United States District Court for Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for Southern Texas
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- California State Courts
- United States Supreme Court
Consult Our Award Winning Maritime Attorneys
If you or your loved one has been injured in an accident involving a cruise ship, ferry, recreational craft, or cargo ship, then you may be entitled to bring an action against the vessel operator — among others — to secure damages as compensation for your losses.
While our offices are located in Florida, we represent passengers and crew injured anywhere in the world. Our law firm serves international clientele from countries spanning the globe, including North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We have made appearances in courtrooms worldwide and are equipped to assist clients who speak any language.
It’s important that you understand: you have options. If your maritime injury claim is legitimate and actionable, a skilled attorney may be able to secure damages on your behalf.
Lipcon, Margulies & Winkleman, P.A. helps clients recover compensation for any type of boating accident or cruise line harassment, rape, or assault case occurring on vessels worldwide.
If you have been injured on the sea and would like to speak to a member of our team, please contact an experienced maritime lawyer at Lipcon, Margulies & Winkleman, P.A. for a free, no-obligation consultation. Call our toll-free number at (877) 233-1238 or submit a case evaluation form online.