Every year, Super Lawyers selects attorneys from all firm sizes and over 70 practice areas throughout the United States. Those selected have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The Super Lawyers list recognizes no more than 5 percent of attorneys in each state.
All four attorneys—Lipcon, Margulies, Winkleman and Garcell—received recognition for their specialization in Transportation and Maritime Law. In addition, Lipcon and Margulies both received recognition for their knowledge and experience in General Personal Injury.
Lipcon, Margulies & Winkleman, P.A. (LM&W) is extremely proud of having 4 of our attorneys named to the 2021 Super Lawyers list. While Lipcon, Margulies and Winkleman have been named Super Lawyers in the past; we are extremely excited that our newest partner Jacqueline Garcell, has been named to SuperLawyers Rising Stars. Garcell was the fastest attorney to make partner in the history of LM&W and has received several awards in the past, including Top Personal Injury Verdicts in Florida in 2017.
This isn’t the first time LM&W attorneys have received this honor. Our founder, Charles R. Lipcon, was initially recognized by SuperLawyers in 2007, and has been honored with this award consecutively for the past 14 years. Since then, one or more LM&W attorneys have been distinguished as a Super Lawyer. Below is a breakdown of our attorneys and the years they were recognized as either a Super Lawyer or a Rising Star:
- Charles R. Lipcon: 2007-2021 Super Lawyer
- Jason Margulies: 2011 Rising Star; 2013-2021 Super Lawyer
- Michael Winkleman: 2016 Rising Star; 2017-2021 Super Lawyer
- Jacqueline Garcell: 2020-2021 Rising Star
Receiving awards—such as Super Lawyers—allows clients who are in need of help, find excellent attorneys who specialize and succeed in a specific industry and practice area.
LM&W Awards and Recognition
In addition to being named to SuperLawyers year after year, the firm has received the highest forms of recognition in the industry including:
- “Lawyer of the Year” for 2020 in Admiralty & Maritime (Miami)
- “Best Law Firms” by US News & World Report
- “Best Lawyers” by US News & World Report
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- “Top Law Firm Protecting Seafarer Rights” by the ISU
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
- And many more…
Award Winning Trial Lawyers
Since 1971, LM&W has provided best-in-class service and exceptional settlements for clients. With over $300 million recovered and successfully handling over 3,000+ cases, the LM&W team goes above and beyond to represent passengers and crew members on ships worldwide with full integrity, compassion and excellence.
If you have questions about a potential maritime law claim, please contact us for assistance. LM&W is here 24/7 to provide comprehensive, high-quality advocacy that clients can trust.