Geoffrey Probst is a new and prized addition to Lipcon, Margulies & Winkleman, P.A. While only recently joining LM&W, attorney Probst brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the firm, having specialized in admiralty and maritime law for over 17 years. . Attorney Probst has extensive experience in representing both plaintiffs and defendants in legal actions involving injured or deceased passengers and crew members in cruise ship accidents. In his earlier career, he was the senior in-house litigator for a major cruise line. Having worked on both sides of these claims gives attorney Probst a unique advantage when representing accident victims in personal injury claims. Mr. Probst has also litigated many cases involving land-based personal injuries and wrongful deaths.
“Being an effective trial lawyer requires you to know and think like the other side. Before I represented people seriously injured at sea,
I spent nearly 15 years defending cruise lines, yacht owners, and shipping companies. I know how defendants think and defend lawsuits, and that gives me a unique perspective when guiding our clients through litigation.”
Some of his notable wins include:
- Confidential settlement amount for facial scar/disfiguration. A young boy suffered a facial scar and disfiguration in a waterslide accident aboard a cruise ship.
- Confidential settlement amount for broken clavicle. A woman suffered a broken clavicle when she slipped and fell on a wet pool deck
- Confidential settlement amount for a first responder with broken bones in his foot. A first responder broke bones in his foot when he tripped and fell walking on a poorly maintained dock in a foreign port of call.
- $360,000 settlement for a yacht crew member. A yacht crew member broke his ankle and required surgery
- Confidential settlement amount for head injury. A woman suffered a head injury in a fall on a cruise ship’s gangway
Educational Background and Professional Credentials
In 2001, attorney Geoffrey Probst graduated from the prestigious Dickinson School of Law at Penn State University. He is licensed to practice law in Georgia and Florida on the state level and the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida at the federal level. Mr. Probst developed the in-house litigation department for Norwegian Cruise Lines and ran it for ten years. Attorney Probst currently serves on the Admiralty Law Committee of the Florida Bar.
After graduating from law school he worked for the State Attorney’s office as a prosecutor. Attorney Probst changed his focus to maritime defense, which led to his tenure at Norwegian Cruise Lines. After his time at Norwegian, he began representing plaintiffs in maritime and land-based personal injury suits. His reputation drew the attention of the partners at LM&W, where he has become an invaluable asset. An avid boater and SCUBA diver, attorney Probst saw maritime law as an opportunity to merge his affinity for the ocean with his legal career.