Because of confidentiality clauses, the names of the victims and shipping companies and the settlements cannot be mentioned. However, the fact patterns claimed by the victims represented by this firm can be revealed without the other information. Because none of these cases were tried, the facts presented are provided from the point of view of the victim who was either raped on a cruise or experienced some sort of sexual assault. Some victims report a statutory rape cruise ship claim. The shipping company in each instance where a case has been settled has denied these events occurred and has not admitted any liability by settling.
- A 14-year-old female passenger who was left with the teen group was raped on a cruise by the teen counselor.
- A young teenage female passenger was raped by a teen counselor who threatened to kill her and her family if she said anything. About three years later, the girl told a school friend, who then informed the mother of the victim.
- Romanian crew member on a ship was raped in a cabin by her boss, who threatened her with loss of her job if she talked.
- Two twenty-something women passengers returned to the ship very intoxicated. Crew members offered to escort them to their cabins. Instead, they were taken to a small room on the ship and raped.
- An 18-year-old male crew member from Central America taken by her male boss to go bowling. Got drunk and was taken by the boss to a motel and repeatedly raped.
- Twenty-something female passenger was drinking all night with other passengers and a ship’s entertainer and was taken to the front of ship around 4 a.m. and gang raped on a cruise ship by a passenger and some crew members. Passenger admitted to lying in his statement about what happened on instructions from security officer on ship.
- Female passenger sleeping in her cabin opened her door, thinking it was her husband returning from the casino around 1 a.m. She was anally raped by three men. The door did not have a peephole or chain lock to provide some security when opening the cabin door. She believes that something such as a “ruffie” was put into her drink before she went to her cabin. Another passenger found her wandering in the hallway with no underwear or bottom apparel on.
- 16-year-old female passenger lied about her age to get into the ship’s disco. Her 12-year-old sister told the ship’s security guard at the disco that she was underage, but security would not do anything about it. While in the disco, the passenger was given alcoholic drinks by another passenger, who later took her back to his cabin and had sex with her.
- Female passenger woke up in her cabin with rapist crew member on top of her.
- Ship’s nurse was raped by ship’s officer, who admitted to the rape while a second nurse listened on an intercom. The second nurse who listened in on the conversation was terminated.
- A female passenger was sexually assaulted by ship’s doctor during a vaginal exam on the ship.
- Carnival Cruise Line employee was arrested on a sex charge.
- While a female passenger was in a ladies room on the ship, she was sexually assaulted by a drunk passenger while another passenger took pictures. The members of the crew who were present and witnessed the events did nothing to help, nor did they call for help.
- A female crewmember aboard major cruise line sexually assaulted while sleeping in her cabin.
- Female passenger raped by bartender aboard a major cruise line.
This is just a small sampling of the firm’s work in this area. We have handled over 100 cruise ship sexual assault cases. If you were the victim of rape or assault on a ship, please contact us for a free confidential consultation with an attorney experienced in handling these matters.