- Our Firm
- Courts Admitted
- Fees & Costs
- Choosing the Right Attorney
- Court Exhibits
- Attorney Referral Network
- International Clientele
- Areas of Practice
- Work in Progress
- Success Stories
- In the News
- Captain to blame
- Carnival Cruise employee arrested on sex charge
- Charles Lipcon interviewed on Sky Radio for American Airlines
- Costa Concordia Disaster Brings Hard Look at Cruise Ship Safety
- Cruise ship victims can’t use U.S. courts
- Hope’s Story | A Current Affair
- Jamie’s Story: A Cruise Rape Victim speaks out
- Lipcon Distinguished with 25th Consecutive AV Pre-Eminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Local lawyer at forefront of Italian shipwreck case
- Maritime Lawyer Charles R. Lipcon Named World’s Best Prosecutor of Cruise Lines
- Missing woman’s husband finds hope in lawsuit
- Named Top Law Firm Protecting Seafarer’s Rights In The United States
- Our Firm in the News
- Our Maritime Lawyers Jason R. Margulies and Michael A. Winkleman Secure Top Admiralty and Maritime Verdict in 2012
- TV Appearances
- Cruise Ship Lawyer App – free!
- Unsafe on the High Seas – 99c eBook
- Admiralty Law Articles
- Who is a Seaman?
- A Seaman May Not Be Held Contributorily Negligent For Carrying Out Orders That Result In Injury, Even If The Seaman Recognizes Possible Danger And Does Not Delay to Consider Safer Alternative
- Burden Of Proof On Shipowner To Prove Unequivocally That Seaman Did Not Need Surgery Where Two Doctors Had A Difference Of Opinion On The Need For Surgery.
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Boldly Goes Where No Court Has Gone Before on the Issue of a Seaman’s Maintenance Rate Including Seaman’s Full Mortgage Expense
- Where Cruise Line Passenger is Mentally Incompetent the One-Year Ticket Limitation to Bring Suit Does Not Apply in Place of the Standard Admiralty Three-Year Statute of Limitations
- Help for the Auto Accident Victim
- Seaman’s Rights in the US
- Contact Us
- Legal Disclaimer
Meet Our Lawyers
If you have been injured or victimized in a maritime-related case, finding an experienced lawyer to represent you is very important. Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A offers experienced legal services spanning all types of maritime litigation. Our cruise ship lawyers have years of experience handling accidents relating to all types of watercraft including boats, yachts, cruise ships and commercial vessels. Our veteran legal team can help you determine the extent and feasibility of your case. We will evaluate your case free of charge and our exclusive team of award-winning lawyers service clientele from all over the world.
Our legal team represent a broad spectrum of clients around the globe, including passengers, crew members, seafarers’ unions, cruise line employees, and seamen. Our scope of practice encompasses legal and administrative rights, medical treatment, cruise ship sexual assault cases and maritime accident compensation available under United States law. We have represented plaintiffs in cases against most of the major cruise lines.
At Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A., our attorneys are experienced at what they do. We offer premium services in the areas of maritime and admiralty law. Our veteran team represents some of the most elite lawyers in the industry and we are often consulted by media professionals for information and advice.
Our Team of Maritime Lawyers
Our trial team consists of eight full-time legal professionals. No matter what your circumstances or injury, if you seek an experienced attorney, there is a lawyer at our firm with the necessary knowledge and skill to assist in your case.
We are an elite law firm. We have handled thousands of maritime matters in our 40+ years of practice and are industry-shaping advocates for ship safety, seamen’s rights, responsible cruising and the accountability of professional mariners who hold themselves out to the cruising public as common carriers. With nearly 100 years combined experience, we have brought over one hundred trials to verdict in state and federal courts and recovered millions on behalf of clients injured or victimized in cases related to the sea.
For more information about the members of our team, review the biographies below:
- Ricardo V. Alsina
- Jacqueline Garcell
- Charles R. Lipcon
- Jason R. Margulies
- Carlos Felipe Llinás Negret
- David A. Villarreal
- Michael A. Winkleman
Our law firm takes great pride in our high quality of client care. We consider client service to be an essential part of the excellence in our firm’s pledge of, “integrity first, compassion, and excellence in all we do.”
Our firm represents clients internationally. In that vein, we are also a multi-lingual practice. We represent plaintiffs who reside domestically in the United States, as well as those who live abroad.
If you or someone you love has been searching for an attorney, please do not hesitate to contact our firm at 877-233-1238, for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation today.