Holland America Line promises the “experience of a lifetime” and urges passengers to “savor the journey.” Unfortunately, while promising travelers the opportunity to set sail to exotic destinations from Europe to South America and the Amazon to Alaska, Holland America’s promise has often resulted in both passengers and crew experiences injuries, assaults and even a disappearance.
Holland America Line, like other cruise lines, has an obligation to provide a safe working environment for crew members and a safe traveling environment for passengers. When the cruise line falls short, as it has done in the past, it can be held accountable. A maritime lawyer can provide assistance to victims who are harmed while working or sailing aboard a Holland America Line ship.
Holland America’s Fleet
Holland America Line is an American and British owned cruise line. While Holland America Line originated in the Netherlands and was a Dutch shipping line and passenger line until 1989, today it is a part of Carnival Corporation & PLC. After Carnival Corp purchased the Holland America Line in 1989, it moved their headquarters to Seattle.
Holland America Line has made substantial changes since being acquired by Carnival Corp and has become one of the world’s top cruise lines. In 2003, it launched a “Signature of Excellence” program focused on upgrading existing ships. Its current fleet, which includes many ships that have been provided with upgrades in recent years, includes:
- MS Maasdam
- MS Veendam
- MS Rotterdam
- MS Volendam
- MS Zaandam
- MS Amsterdam
- MS Zuiderdam
- MS Oosterdam
- MS Westerdam
- MS Noordam
- MS Eurodam
- MS Nieuw Amsterdam
- MS Koningsdam
- MS Prinsendam
Holland America also expects to launch an additional ship in November of 2018, which will be called the MS Nieuw Statendam.
Cases Against Holland America Line
Holland America Line has had a number of problems in which passengers aboard its various ships were affected by sexual assault, and even a case where a passenger went missing. Passengers have been injured and hospitalized, and in one instance, a norovirus outbreak broke out aboard a Holland America ship.
When incidents like these occur, victims often seek justice and to do so turn to a qualified attorney to help them hold the cruise line accountable. Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. has provided legal representation in past cases against Holland America, including in BKR v. Holland America Line, which is a case in which a cruise ship doctor sustained injury while aboard the ship.
With our experience in handling cases against Holland America Line and other cruise ships, we can provide the representation you need, for your injuries.
Contact LMAW If You’re Hurt Aboard a Cruise Ship
Whether your injuries happen on a Holland America Line or on any other cruise ship, you need to understand your rights and get help from a lawyer with experience pursuing cruise claims. We have represented clients in past cases against many of the most popular cruise lines in the world. Give us a call at 877-233-1238 or contact us online to learn how we can bring our experience to the table to help you get justice after getting hurt aboard a pleasure cruise.
Other Companies Sued
- Companies Sued
- American Seafoods Accident Lawyer
- Antillean Marine Shipping Corp. Accident Lawyer
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruise Lines
- Costa Cruise Lines
- Crowley Maritime Corporation Accident Lawyer
- Crystal Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Cunard Line Accident Lawyer
- Disney Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Accident Lawyer
- Island Queen Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Maersk Lines Limited Accident Attorney
- Mediterranean Shipping Cruises USA Accident Lawyers
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Ocean Drilling & Exploration Company (ODECO) Accident Lawyer
- Oceania Cruises Accident Lawyer
- P&O Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Princess Cruise Lines
- Pullmantur Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Radisson Seven Seas Accident Lawyers
- Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Accident Lawyer
- Royal Caribbean Cruise
- Seabourn Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Silversea Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Starboard Cruise Services Accident Lawyer
- Steiner Transocean Accident Lawyer
- Tote Maritime & Sea Star Line (El Faro)
- The CMA CGM Group Accident Lawyer
- Tropical Shipping Accident Lawyer
- Virgin Voyages Accident Lawyer