Disney Cruise Line is a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company. The cruise line was first founded in 1996 and was initially called the Magical Cruise Company Limited. Disney had first negotiated with both Carnival and Royal Caribbean to no avail before founding its own cruise line company.
Today, Disney has approximately a 2.8 percent of the world’s cruising market as measured by passengers, and Disney Cruise Line earns about 2.4 percent of all total revenue that is earned by cruise companies worldwide.
Disney Cruise Line is a popular line and its ships won 11 category awards in the February 2016 Cruise Critics Cruisers’ Choice Awards. Despite this string of victories, however, Disney Cruise Line has let down passengers and crew in the past.
The cruise line, like all cruise companies, is supposed to provide a safe environment for crew members to work in and it is supposed to take reasonable precautions to ensure neither crew nor passengers get hurt by dangerous conditions aboard its ships. Whenever the cruise line fails in its obligations to try to maintain a safe environment, those who are harmed can pursue a civil claim for monetary damages with help from an experienced maritime lawyer.
Disney Cruise Line’s Fleet
Disney Cruise Line currently operates four ships. These ships include:
- Disney Magic
- Disney Wonder
- Disney Dream
- Disney Fantasy
Disney Cruise Line has announced expansion plans, with the company indicating there will soon be two additional ships joining the existing four. The new ships remain unnamed as of now, but will have 1,250 state rooms each and will be larger than both the Disney Dream and the Disney Fantasy. They were announced in March of 2016, but are not expected to come into service until 2021 and 2023.
Cases Against Disney Cruise Line
Disney has an obligation to ensure that every passenger and crew member aboard every ship in its fleet is protected from an unreasonable risk of harm. Unfortunately, Disney has failed to provide a safe cruising environment in many past cases. From a sexual assault captured on a surveillance video to a four-year-old boy nearly drowning, reports of injuries, rapes, and crimes aboard Disney Cruise Line vessels are not an uncommon occurance.
Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. has represented victims who were raped, sexually assaulted, or injured in many different ways aboard Disney Cruise Lines and other major cruise lines. Our long list of companies sued demonstrates we can stand up to some of the major cruise providers worldwide to fight for the rights of victims everywhere.
Contact LMAW If You’re Hurt Aboard a Cruise Ship
Disney is one of many cruise lines aboard which victims may sustain various types of harm. If you experience a rape or sexual assault, accidental injury, or any of the many injuries that could occur while traveling or working aboard a cruise ship, a maritime attorney can help. Contact Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. today to learn more about the assistance our experienced attorneys can offer you. Call 877-233-1238 to schedule a consultation or contact us online.
Other Companies Sued
- Companies Sued
- American Seafoods Accident Lawyer
- Antillean Marine Shipping Corp. Accident Lawyer
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruise Lines
- Costa Cruise Lines
- Crowley Maritime Corporation Accident Lawyer
- Crystal Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Cunard Line Accident Lawyer
- Holland America Line Accident Attorney
- Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Accident Lawyer
- Island Queen Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Maersk Lines Limited Accident Attorney
- Mediterranean Shipping Cruises USA Accident Lawyers
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Ocean Drilling & Exploration Company (ODECO) Accident Lawyer
- Oceania Cruises Accident Lawyer
- P&O Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Princess Cruise Lines
- Pullmantur Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Radisson Seven Seas Accident Lawyers
- Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Accident Lawyer
- Royal Caribbean Cruise
- Seabourn Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Silversea Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Starboard Cruise Services Accident Lawyer
- Steiner Transocean Accident Lawyer
- Tote Maritime & Sea Star Line (El Faro)
- The CMA CGM Group Accident Lawyer
- Tropical Shipping Accident Lawyer
- Virgin Voyages Accident Lawyer