Cunard Line is a 176-year-old company that is currently owned by Carnival Corporation & PLC. It is considered an Anglo-American cruise line because it is based in Southhampton, England and operated by Carnival UK. It was acquired by Carnival Corporation in 1998 and in 2012, Cunard Line brought in 8.7 percent of Carnival corporation’s revenue. It is the only shipping company to operate a scheduled passenger cruise between North America and Europe.
Cunard describes its cruise ships as “the most famous ocean liners in the world,” and claims “a holiday with Cunard is all about relaxation and making exactly what you want of your day.” Unfortunately, so-called luxury ships in its line have had problems, including catching fire and failing inspections by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Like all cruise lines, Cunard Line has a duty to make sure its luxury liners are actually safe for passengers and crewmembers, which means providing sufficient security and taking all reasonable safety precautions on board. When Cunard Line fails in this duty, a maritime lawyer at Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. can help cruise line workers and passengers explore their right to obtain compensation.
Cunard Line’s first ship was the SS Unicorn, which was built in 1836. All of the company’s original fleet built between 1836 and 1850 had wooden hulls, as well as paddle wheels. Construction shifted away from the use of both in 1852. By 1971, there were 13 ships operated by the Cunard Line, 12 of which were cruise ships and one of which was a container ship. However, all of these ships were transferred or sold by 1998. Since 1998, there have been three ships in the Cunard Line’s fleet:
- Queen Elizabeth
- Queen Victoria
- Queen Mary 2
The Queen Mary 2 is an express ship, while the other two are standard cruise vessels. If problems occur on any of these vessels, those who are harmed should consider getting legal help from an attorney who is well-versed in the rules and laws governing maritime incidents.
Cases Against Cunard Line
Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. provides legal representation to anyone injured or killed aboard any ships that are part of the Cunard Line’s fleet. Unfortunately, there have been numerous instances in recent years in which things have gone wrong and passengers or crew members have suffered damages while aboard Cunard’s cruises. Examples of past problems include:
- The death of a 23-year-old Cunard crew member on a Mediterranean cruise
- A cruise ship fire destroying an 800 passenger ship near Greece
- A failed CDC cruise line inspection of Cunard’s Queen Mary 2
When problems give rise to legal claims against Cunard Line, Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. has the experience to help victims obtain evidence and navigate the complexities of suing a cruise line that is based in England and which is part of a larger conglomerate.
Contact LMAW If You’re Hurt Aboard Any Cunard Line Ships
Passengers and crew members hurt or killed while on a Cunard Line ship need to consult with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. provides representation after problems on Cunard Line ships, as well as when anyone aboard any cruise line is harmed by the cruise company’s negligence. To find out more about how we can help, call 877-233-1238 or reach us online to speak with a member of our legal team.
Other Companies Sued
- Companies Sued
- American Seafoods Accident Lawyer
- Antillean Marine Shipping Corp. Accident Lawyer
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruise Lines
- Costa Cruise Lines
- Crowley Maritime Corporation Accident Lawyer
- Crystal Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Disney Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Holland America Line Accident Attorney
- Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Accident Lawyer
- Island Queen Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Maersk Lines Limited Accident Attorney
- Mediterranean Shipping Cruises USA Accident Lawyers
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Ocean Drilling & Exploration Company (ODECO) Accident Lawyer
- Oceania Cruises Accident Lawyer
- P&O Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Princess Cruise Lines
- Pullmantur Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Radisson Seven Seas Accident Lawyers
- Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Accident Lawyer
- Royal Caribbean Cruise
- Seabourn Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Silversea Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Starboard Cruise Services Accident Lawyer
- Steiner Transocean Accident Lawyer
- Tote Maritime & Sea Star Line (El Faro)
- The CMA CGM Group Accident Lawyer
- Tropical Shipping Accident Lawyer
- Virgin Voyages Accident Lawyer