In 1953, Alden J. “Doc” Laborde and John Hayward founded Ocean Drilling & Exploration Company (ODECO). The offshore drilling company is known for their submersible drilling unit, Mr. Charlie. This unit successfully completed drilling projects for 30 consecutive years.
ODECO was a leader in the offshore drilling industry until 1992, when it was bought out by Diamond M Corporation. The company’s name was changed to Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. in 1993.
Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. has represented individuals with cases against ODECO in the past, so you can have confidence in the fact that we are well prepared to handle your case. Offshore drilling can be dangerous for the workers involved, so if you or a loved one suffered an injury and believe that your employer is to blame; do not hesitate to contact us. We have handled a wide range of cases involving offshore accidents and injuries. No matter what you have endured, we are ready to help you move forward.
ODECO’s fleet was purchased by Diamond Offshore Drilling when the company took over ODECO. Diamond’s current fleet includes:
- 19 Semisubmersibles
- 4 Drillships
- 1 Jack-up Rig
Although no longer in existence, the legacy of ODECO continues to live on in Diamond Offshore Drilling. The company is a leader in offshore drilling, in the United States and around the world. Unfortunately, there have still been accidents and injuries caused by these offshore rigs. Asbestos exposure is just one of many health concerns faced by employees who work in these conditions.
Cases Against Ocean Drilling & Exploration Company
Individuals who have become the victim of accident or injury due to the negligence on offshore rigs should have an opportunity to seek the justice they deserve. Speaking with a maritime lawyer can begin the process of putting this legal burden behind you, so that you can move forward with your life. Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. is ready to take your case. Past cases we have handled include:
- In Re Ocean Ranger Sinking Off Newfoundland, Etc., 589 F. Supp. 302 (E.D. La. 1984)
No employer should ever put their employees in harm’s way and get off without punishment. When a company fails to respect and maintain your safety, you owe it to yourself to find a legal team who will hold them responsible for their negligence.
LMAW is Ready to Help You
Your place of work should prioritize your safety. And if you work on an offshore drilling rig, this is especially the case. Therefore, when you are injured at work, or someone you love suffers an accident, you should know that you do not have to face your legal burden alone. When you work with a maritime attorney on our team, we can help you get back to living your life. Are you ready to take the next step towards your future? Call us today at 877-233-1238 or contact us online to learn more.
Other Companies Sued
- Companies Sued
- American Seafoods Accident Lawyer
- Antillean Marine Shipping Corp. Accident Lawyer
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruise Lines
- Costa Cruise Lines
- Crowley Maritime Corporation Accident Lawyer
- Crystal Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Cunard Line Accident Lawyer
- Disney Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Holland America Line Accident Attorney
- Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Accident Lawyer
- Island Queen Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Maersk Lines Limited Accident Attorney
- Mediterranean Shipping Cruises USA Accident Lawyers
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Oceania Cruises Accident Lawyer
- P&O Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Princess Cruise Lines
- Pullmantur Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Radisson Seven Seas Accident Lawyers
- Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Accident Lawyer
- Royal Caribbean Cruise
- Seabourn Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Silversea Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Starboard Cruise Services Accident Lawyer
- Steiner Transocean Accident Lawyer
- Tote Maritime & Sea Star Line (El Faro)
- The CMA CGM Group Accident Lawyer
- Tropical Shipping Accident Lawyer
- Virgin Voyages Accident Lawyer