Crystal Cruises, which is headquartered in Los Angeles, is considered a luxury cruise line. The American cruise line was first established in 1988 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Japanese shipping company Nippon Yusen Kaisha (NYK). In March of 2015, NYK made the announcement that Crystal Cruise Lines would be sold to Genting Hong Kong, which owns Star Cruises (a major shareholder in Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings).
For 21 years, Crystal Cruises has won the distinction of being voted the Best Midsize Cruise Line by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. While Crystal Cruise line has received positive ratings, not every traveler or crew member has had a good experience. Illness, injuries and even fatalities may occur aboard Crystal ships. When this occurs, victims must understand their rights and legal options for pursuing damage claims.
A Closer Look at Crystal Cruises’ Fleet
Crystal Cruises operates several ships including:
- Crystal Serenity
- Crystal Symphony
- Crystal Espirit
Crystal ships are all-inclusive and visit destinations including Africa, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand, the Caribbean, Hawaii, the South Pacific and Europe, among other locations. Crystal is also planning on introducing four new ships into its fleet, including the Crystal Endeavor in 2018, as well as three new polar ice class ships in 2019 and in future dates to be determined. The Crystal Endeavor is a polar class ship with an estimated gross tonnage expected at 25,000 GT. The other three ships to be introduced will be 100,000 GT, which is larger than Crystal’s current ships that range from 3,370 GT to 68,870 GT.
While Crystal Cruises is supposed to make sure all of its fleet at every size is safe, sometimes the cruise line fails to exercise reasonable care in protecting passengers and crew. When this happens and injuries occur, victims may make damage claims.
Cases Against Crystal Cruises
Crystal Cruises is among the numerous cruise line companies. Cases against Crystal Cruises handled by our attorney include Greenway Paulraj v. Crystal Cruises, Inc., among others.
It is important to note that every cruise ship injury or accident case is different. Many are complicated because the incident occurs at sea and it can be difficult to report the problem or obtain evidence to make a case for damages. Still, our attorneys understand how to provide representation against cruise lines no matter where the cruise line is based or where the incident causing injury occurred. If you are an injured crew member or passenger and you believe you have a case against Crystal Cruises, give us a call today so we can begin investigating and help you make your claim.
Get Help From a Maritime Attorney
Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. can provide representation to crew members as well as passengers who sustain any type of injury or harm aboard Crystal Cruises. Give us a call to schedule a consultation with one of our skilled attorneys to learn more about your legal rights. Call 877-233-1238 to schedule a consultation or contact us online to learn more.
Other Companies Sued
- Companies Sued
- American Seafoods Accident Lawyer
- Antillean Marine Shipping Corp. Accident Lawyer
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruise Lines
- Costa Cruise Lines
- Crowley Maritime Corporation Accident Lawyer
- Cunard Line Accident Lawyer
- Disney Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Holland America Line Accident Attorney
- Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Accident Lawyer
- Island Queen Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Maersk Lines Limited Accident Attorney
- Mediterranean Shipping Cruises USA Accident Lawyers
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Ocean Drilling & Exploration Company (ODECO) Accident Lawyer
- Oceania Cruises Accident Lawyer
- P&O Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Princess Cruise Lines
- Pullmantur Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Radisson Seven Seas Accident Lawyers
- Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Accident Lawyer
- Royal Caribbean Cruise
- Seabourn Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Silversea Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Starboard Cruise Services Accident Lawyer
- Steiner Transocean Accident Lawyer
- Tote Maritime & Sea Star Line (El Faro)
- The CMA CGM Group Accident Lawyer
- Tropical Shipping Accident Lawyer
- Virgin Voyages Accident Lawyer