Silversea Cruises was founded in 1994 by Antonio Lefebvre. Prior to creating the cruise company, Lefebvre had gained widespread respect as an Italian jurist and maritime law professor. In creating the company, Lefebvre hoped to create a new class of elite cruising. His aim was to create a fleet that gave more space to a smaller number of passengers, thus giving the line an air of luxury and class not seen elsewhere.
Thanks to the Lefebvre family, the company is still privately owned, and has grown from four ships to ten since its inception in the early 90’s. Based in Monaco, Silversea itineraries carry passengers around the world, with 900 destinations in total.
Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. has successfully represented individuals with cases against Silversea Cruises in the past. If you have suffered a personal injury aboard a Silversea vessel, either as a passenger or a crewmember, do not hesitate to contact us. Our firm handles all types of personal injury cases that take place aboard cruises, including rape and sexual assault, overboard accidents and excursion accidents. We are experienced in these kinds of cases and can help you pursue financial recovery.
Silversea has ten cruise ships in its current fleet:
- Silver Muse
- Silver Cloud
- Silver Wind
- Silver Discoverer
- Silver Shadow
- Silver Whisper
- Silver Spirit
- Silver Galapagos
- Silver Explorer
- Silver Cloud Expedition
Silversea describes itself as a company that caters to passengers seeking an extra dose of luxury. Their small ships are equipped with spacious accommodations, ocean view suites, butlers and private verandas, so passengers can truly relax. The company touts its many recognitions, including being named Conde Nast Traveler US and UK’s “Best Small Ship Cruise Line” and Frommer’s “Best Cruise Ships.” Despite the positive international recognition, problems have still surfaced aboard Silversea ships that have placed passengers and crewmembers at risk.
Cases Against Silversea Cruises
When a problem arises due to the negligence of Silversea Cruises, it is important for victims to speak with a trusted maritime attorney. Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A is prepared to handle a variety of cases against Silversea. Past cases have included:
- John Doe v. Silversea Cruises, Ltd., et al – Our maritime lawyers represented a Filipino crewmember who lost his leg in an accident aboard the cruise line.
- Parry v. Silversea Cruises, Ltd.
- Navarette v.Silversea Cruises, Ltd – Navarette, a seaman working aboard Silversea Cruises, was injured onboard and underwent surgery which resulted in an amputation of his leg.
Cruise Lines have a duty to protect passengers from crimes such as rape, sexual assault and overboard incidents as well as any injury caused by the lines negligence. For crewmembers, they have a duty to provide them a reasonably safe working environment and if they are injured or become sick while in the service of the vessel provide them free medical care, room and board and compensation for your injury if caused by the vessels negligence or unseaworthiness.
Contact LMAW If You Have Been Hurt At Sea
Tragic accidents can occur on even the most luxurious ships. However, if you have been injured aboard a cruise, you do not have to face the future on your own. No matter what kind of maritime incident you have endured, a maritime attorney at Lipcon, Margulies, Alsina & Winkleman, P.A. can make your life easier by helping shoulder the weight of your legal burden. Ready to take the next step? Call us at 877-233-1238 or contact us online to learn more.
Other Companies Sued
- Companies Sued
- American Seafoods Accident Lawyer
- Antillean Marine Shipping Corp. Accident Lawyer
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruise Lines
- Costa Cruise Lines
- Crowley Maritime Corporation Accident Lawyer
- Crystal Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Cunard Line Accident Lawyer
- Disney Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Holland America Line Accident Attorney
- Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Accident Lawyer
- Island Queen Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Maersk Lines Limited Accident Attorney
- Mediterranean Shipping Cruises USA Accident Lawyers
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Ocean Drilling & Exploration Company (ODECO) Accident Lawyer
- Oceania Cruises Accident Lawyer
- P&O Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Princess Cruise Lines
- Pullmantur Cruises Accident Lawyer
- Radisson Seven Seas Accident Lawyers
- Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection Accident Lawyer
- Royal Caribbean Cruise
- Seabourn Cruise Line Accident Lawyer
- Starboard Cruise Services Accident Lawyer
- Steiner Transocean Accident Lawyer
- Tote Maritime & Sea Star Line (El Faro)
- The CMA CGM Group Accident Lawyer
- Tropical Shipping Accident Lawyer
- Virgin Voyages Accident Lawyer